Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life in Slow Motion. . .

There are those times when life seems to pass in slow motion as we take in the moments and savor the experiences we live. For me that is always the case when I sit with Rachel in the hospital as she begins the delivery process to bring our babies into the world. The future is never known, but there are so many uncertainties when bringing a new life into the world. The excitement, fear, and joy are almost tangible.

We talk about what to expect from the upcoming arrival and it never fails that Rachel jokes and laugh about whether or not she has really experienced "labor" since she had a C-section with the first and an epidural with the last two. She wants to experience it fully and came close today, but it's hard for someone with such a high pain tolerance to really know what she is feeling. Plus, being v-back they strongly "recommend" she has an epidural, and why not right?! But to the point, Tyler Scott has arrived . . .


Rachel was amazing, as always, and despite a little scare resulting in the Dr. stopping labor for about 20 minutes when she first started the real pushing, Mom and baby are doing well and resting comfortably. Sure enough, the little guy was stubborn and didn't want to turn the correct direction, probably due to the cord being around his neck. I don't know for certain, but maybe we should have our kids in gymnastics, cause they sure do seem to like the sport while Rach carries them.

So at 8lbs 8 oz, 20.5" long Tyler arrived at 2:47 PM. Shortly after we had a new family photo op. . .

Thanks to the family for all your help with the little ones and support, while Rachel closed the deal!

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay!!! Congrats to the Lingmanns! Rachel and Chad, can I just tell you how adorable your kids are! What a cute little family!

Just J said...

Congrats! You guys have such a cute family!

Melissa said...

Stubborn, just like his mommy.

I LOVE the name Tyler, great choice.

Rachel you look as beautiful as ever. I'm so, so happy for you.

Melissa said...

By the way, I'm glad to see a little Rakim on the playlist. You should have named Tyler, Rakim! I know how much you idolize him.

Amanda said...

Yea! I've been checking regularly for hopes to see a new baby! Thanks for posting so quickly, Chad - good work. I can't wait to see him . . .

Mia said...

Congratulations!!! You have such a beautiful family. We are really happy for you guys.

Heidi said...

I loved hearing a dad's point of view on the whole childbirth experience. And it's great to know that everyone is doing great. You have such a cute family!

amanda said...

yeah, hooray! congrats!

Anonymous said...

You're the best!! What a handsome family!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, how can you look soooooo good only an hour after giving birth?
This picture is a keeper, I love it.

The Munkies said...

hey i just found you guys!! helloooo! loved coming to your house this weekend, you guys have a wonderful family.