Just got me thinking, after I said the prayer I just kept looking. I didn't stop to listen. Chad was in bed, quiet and trying to go to sleep, so he was "listening." I need to be better about listening for an answer, instead of assuming he will answer me while I am going about busily in my life. Chad needs to maybe ask for help more often... maybe... you'll have to ask him.C: "Remember when he threw something down earlier? It was his pacifier"
R: "I said a prayer. That's weird how he told YOU where it was."
C: "Maybe I was more spiritually in tune."
R: "Maybe He needed you to get out of bed. Then, I would tell you about how I prayed." (I was feeling a little bit sad for me not being spiritually in-tune enough to answer my own prayer. So he said...)
C: "We make a great team. I never would have prayed.
R: "Oh, that's true. And I did say WE in my prayer."
Anyhow, sometimes it does take a team effort to accomplish the Lord's will (for us to go to bed, for example lol). We all have our spiritual talents. I pray ALL the time whenever something is lost, probably most of the time I do. I know he knows where it is, so I just ask him to tell me so I can get on with my other stuff. I am just not good at stopping what I am doing to listen. Chad has always been good at listening. He is good at listening to me. (Oh crap, did I say that out loud. Now he can use that against me...) He is good at being spiritually in-tune. What are you good at?
He needs us to work together as teams to do our callings, visiting/home teaching, missionary work, marriage, child-rearing, families... practically everything in the church involves teams or partnerships and working together. We all do have gifts and are ALL needed for His Plan. The atonement only works as a team. We each have to accept Christ's sacrifice in order for it to work, and we need his sacrifice in order to be forgiven. He wants us to work well with others. He wants us to NEED others to accomplish His Will.
I am so grateful for Chad, my partner in the eternities, for what he teaches me, and for what I need of him. I know that he does need me too and that's what makes us so great for each other. I love the gospel of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for what He helps me to learn even at the weirdest times (4 in the morning). I hope you all find what you NEED in life and hold onto it. We are all needed for someone.









1 comment:
That is really neat that you both were in tune with the Spirit enough to recognize it. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment