I was driving in the Yukon the other day with Alli and she all of a sudden gasped.
I said, "What's wrong!"
She said, "Mom, that man looked at me and he was mad at me; so, I looked away and he didn't have a hat on!"
(Keep in mind - we have dark tinted windows in the back seat, so there was no possible way this man could have seen her, let alone be mad at her.)
I said, "He didn't have a hat on?"
"Yeah, Mom. He wasn't even wearing a hat and he was mad!"
This is what I learned: If you are a man, in order to have the right to be mad at Alli, you have to be wearing a hat; otherwise she will be so shocked at you that she will never look at you again! Don't you love a child's logic.
Since the "no hat" incident, she is so concerned with people on the side of the road. She has no qualms asking me about someone 2 feet away. It's fun explaining why a person right in front of you is laying on the grass without shoes on eating an apple. I guess I'm just getting repaid for
the embarrassment I was to my mom and siblings.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
nope. this doesn't come close.
Post a Comment