I have had the opportunity to think many nights about how blessed I am in my life. Most of the time, it's 4 in the morning when I'm feeding Tyler that for some reason my brain starts going and I can't get it to stop to go back to sleep again when he's done eating. So I started writing stuff down that I think about so when I am actually awake the next morning I can read it and see if it makes any sense at all.
The other night I was thinking about all my children and how much I have learned and grown from having them in my life. I feel I was definitely meant to be a mom.
Allison has taught me that every time and every place is the perfect opportunity for service. Just the other day when I was busy getting the boys dressed, Alli came in and said that she had made her bed and then she saw my bed and decided to make that too. So sweet and she did such a good job with all the pillows. :) She is a giver, and always willing to help. She is exactly what I needed in an oldest child. I needed her obedience and her sweet loving spirit. She is great "future mom" - 'Mom, Jeremy had this pencil, so I took it away and then I gave him a hug, cause I didn't want him to hurt himself.' She is an excellent example to everyone around her. I am so glad I have her in my life.
Andrew is my blessing #2. Drew is my hugging machine. He has taught me there is always room for a hug or a kiss. He has also taught me forgiveness. If he ever gets hurt by something or someone, he will cry and be mad until someone says "Sorry." He will go from saying, "I'm not happy, Mom!" to "I'm so happy, Mom!" in a matter of seconds. He forgives immediately. That is such a good lesson to learn in life. He is never burdens by others' past wrongdoings to him. He moves on and never looks back. He lives in the moment and enjoys life to the fullest. He teaches me what it is to "be as a little child." He has a very loving spirit and shows me the importance of using a softer voice and being calmer in situations where I would normally get upset easily.
Jeremy is my blessing-in-disguise #3. He is my handful. He teaches me to roll with the punches and don't sweat the little things. He reminds me that there is opposition in all things. Jeremy likes to test the waters and see what will happen next. He strongly dislikes being told "No" and also hates it when we are mad at him. Some of the time, I just give up and let him win cause it's not worth the fight - this teaches me that if you are persistent and put your mind to it, you can do anything - even win battles with your mom. This helps me to remember what is important in life and to keep my eternal perspective. Does it really matter that Jeremy got out every single toy and played with NONE of them? No, it doesn't. Jeremy does have the desire to please, especially when it comes to his older brother and sister. He looks up to them so much. He always wants to do what they are doing. Through Jeremy, I have learned the power of example. Jeremy is my peacemaker in that whenever his brother and sister want a toy that he has, they just have to ask and he will give it to them. He laughs whenever anyone else laughs which helps create a peaceful environment. Laughter is always the best medicine.
Tyler, my secret blessing #4, has already taught me so much since arriving only a few months ago. He teaches me daily the importance of time and your usage of it. 1. Don't waste time: Don't procrastinate cause time is precious. Our days are numbered here on Earth; 2. Timing is everything: Tyler was sent to us at the "right" time whether we were ready or not. There is a time and a place for everything; 3. Things take time: We only have time to get to know each other. It takes time for us to learn how to do things. Sometimes it takes multiple times to learn or teach something important, so don't give up. Chad and I are married for time and all eternity and I am so glad I have all the time in the world (forever) to spend with my family.
I have so many blessings in my life and I am so thankful for them. But I am most thankful for my family. My wonderful Husband who helps me daily to do better and be better and my wonderful children and for all they teach me. I know in my heart that Heavenly Father is mindful of me and what I need in life. He knew I needed my family.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
What a sweet post Rachel. Thanks for sharing. We sure miss and love you all!
You forgot to post about the most important person for #6 YOU. Mom's work is never done, thanks for all you do for the family, there isn't a family without you!
I love your blog title. It goes well with your post. What a cute family!
Wow! Love your "blessings."
I always knew that you would be a great mom....those 4 are lucky little Lingmanns!
Your kids are lucky to have a mom that cherishes them.
Post a Comment