Monday, March 17, 2008

Oh, Mexico... I guess I'll have to go now.


For our 7th Wedding Anniversary trip, Chad and I went to Cancun, Mexico! It was a blast! We decided to go last minute because I am expecting another little one end of September. Chad wanted to take me somewhere special on my 30th Birthday in August, but I would be too far pregnant to be able to fly anywhere, so we found a great deal for a last minute trip to Cancun and took it!




We stayed at an All-inclusive Resort called Hotel Riu Caribe and it was just as beautiful as it looked. They had great food, beautiful beach, and fun cool pools. I was still in the nauseous stage of the pregnancy, so I was little worried about the food. It turned out to be the best choice we ever made to get the All-Inclusive Food though cause as long as I kept my tummy full, I didn't feel sick at all. (And you know how much a pregnant lady can eat!)





We just took it easy our first day there and we relaxed at the beautiful beach and the pool and just hung around and had fun at the resort. Chad took a mini scuba diving course. (I didn't want to do it - cause of the baby, blah blah blah - so i just watched.) That night we ate at the fancy Mexican restaurant. Our room was exactly how it looked in the pictures - comfy and nice. We had a beautiful view of Cancun from our balcony.



The next day, we got up early to watch the sunrise out on our balcony. Too bad our camera couldn't really pick it up. Then we were on the road to Chichen Itza for the day tour. It was kind of a long drive for me on the bus. (wasn't really air conditioned and the bumping around made me sick!) But when we finally got there, it was definitely worth it. One of the "new" 7 Wonders of the World!
Who gets to see those everyday? We bought all of our cool souvenirs from the locals there. Then returned home for a romantic dinner at the Japanese restaurant.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

You look so beautiful in that first picture!