Monday, March 16, 2009

Crazy for this Boy!


Happy Anniversary Sweetie! I can't believe it has been eight years! 8 years of joyful marriage bliss, of course!

Chad is always super thoughtful and thinks of sweet sentimental gifts to give me. The fifth year is silverware, so he gave me "silver" jewelry (with 5 twisted hoops on it that represented the 5 years) that I could "wear." Thought that was clever! The modern tradition for year 6 was wood, so he gave me a mahagony jewelry box that I love. I didn't have that much really nice jewelry before but because of all the nice things Chad has given me I now have a beautiful collection to be proud of.

Traditional 8th wedding anniversary gifts are made of Bronze or Pottery, so this year he gave me some beautiful Bronze jewelry (bracelet, necklace and earrings) with hearts on it. It is so fun receiving gifts that years from now I will be able to remember when and why I got them.


I have been feeling so much joy in my life lately. Much of what I feel is due to Chad and all that he has given me. He has given me four beautiful children that are the best kids anyone could ever have! Chad has been a wonderful example of financial independence and stability which has brought peace to our family especially considering the state the economy is in right now. Chad has been my spiritual rock to lean on. He has always kept close to the spirit and he listens well to its whisperings. Chad is Mr. Fix-it! - Recently, he fixed our HD Tivo. (and you know how essential that is!) He actually sautered on new capacitors to replace the old ones that had burst. (I am sure he will make a post soon about that whole ordeal.) I am always impressed with his desire to learn to do things himself. If it is more economical for him to do it and he figures out how, then he will.

Chad is the best friend anyone could have. He listens well and you know how I love to tell stories. We make the perfect pair. I am so grateful that he found me. I am so glad that we got married and sealed together 8 years ago. I love you, Chad!

3 comments:

M said...

congratulations to both of you! (as an aside, so wish i knew what you were both thinking when the photographer had you pose the way you are in the first photo. especially chad.)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you guys! You have such a beautiful family. And I love the photos you posted. They are amazing!

Melissa said...

Since Chad fixed the TIVO, I say you should keep 'em.

You looked so gorgeous on your wedding day. I loved your hair.