Monday, April 6, 2009

Return to sender, address unknown. No such number, no such zone.

So back in September of 2008, I ordered this princess costume (that lights up!) for Alli online from Costume Express. Then about 2 weeks later, I still didn't have the costume and I was getting a little worried about not having anything for Alli to wear to all the Halloween festivities coming up. So I looked up the tracking number on UPS for the package and I noticed that the last time it was updated on it's current location was over a week ago. Now a little more worried, called up Costume Express and asked them where my package was. They said it was lost. I told them they had to send me a new one then cause I wanted the costume before Halloween otherwise cancel my order. So they sent me a new one. They told me that if I ever received the other package, that I should be so kind as to send it back to them. "Sure thing." A week or so later I got the costume. Halloween came and went and I completely forgot about the "lost package" that still hadn't shown up.

Today I answered the rude, loud pounding on my door (Do any of your UPS guys do that?) to find a package from Costume Express. I was confused and thought, "I didn't order anything from there. Did Chad? Maybe someone sent us a gift for no apparent reason. Yeah. That happens." So I opened it to find I have received a second lovely princess halloween costume. Then it all came back to me. I was annoyed that I had opened it and potentially had to put some money into sending it back. I am fascinated as to where this package was for 7 months and I am touched the person that "found" it went ahead and sent it to me after all this time. Now what do I do with it?

P.S. Happy Birthday, Kathryn! Do you want a princess costume?

1 comment:

M said...

it was probably sent to someone like mom who has a phobia for post offices and sat with it on her counter for months thinking "i really need to send this back"