Friday, April 10, 2009

Like poetry, you're hiding behind the words you speak.

(Emily, this post is in honor of your post and I do read your blog.)

April is National Poetry Month and I found this cute children's book at Alli's school Book Fair the other day: Dogku by Andrew Clements. I love it cause it's all written in Haiku. Here are some that I wrote today for each of my kids and one for me (I know they aren't that good but they're poems):

Tyler

I'm a smiley guy.
An angel sent from above
Laugh, always so good.

Jeremy (couldn't decide which one was better... probably both bad.)

Because I can't talk
I cry, mumble and point lots.
Also love to eat.

Eat Cry Play Eat Cry,
Point Eat Grunt Eat Mumble Eat
Eat Eat Eat Eat Eat.

Drew

I am so happy,
I am not happy but mad,
Happy again smile.

Allison

Love to dance, draw, dogs.
Big sister, good example,
Kind, pretty, Sweetheart.

My Life

Feed Baby, Diapers,
Food, Clothes, Feed Baby, Clean, Baths
Feed Baby, Bedtime.

1 comment:

M said...

thanks for reading my blog. btw, i know you read my blog. in fact, i know exactly when you read my blog thanks to the sitemeter and the fact that you are my sole reader in bountiful.