Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday! Whoop-de-do, Whoop-de-do!






Happy Birthday Mom! (Not that she even will see this post...she has been on the internet like maybe 2 times, let alone used a computer.) Things I love about my Mom:
  • Great, fun, exciting Grandma that somehow always has a surplus of Swedish Fish around and so it is now a ritual that my kids have that they can't leave Grandma Karen's without their baggie of Fish.
  • She allows my kids to call her names such as Nana Kar-bear. If you knew my mom, you would know how hard that is for her to answer too - especially since every time she hears the name Nana, she things of the dog on Peter Pan.
  • She is great to have with you at any kind of party. When my mom is in a good mood, SHE IS IN A GOOD MOOD! I love to play games with her and even sing some Karaoke!
  • She is an awesome cook. Always good food around at my mom's house. All my favortie recipes are the ones I grew up eating and now my kids are eating them and loving it!
  • She is an excellect housekeeper. Her house has always been spotless, even when I was a kid. She is a great example to me that it is possible to have an emaculate home. I am now realizing how extremely difficult that is for me with 3 little ones around.
  • She is an encourager and motivator for self-reliance, independence, development of one's talents and education. She was always the one pushing us forward and not letting us be idle and lazy.
  • She is right, 99.2 % of the time, whether you like it or not! And even if she is wrong and you are right, you will still feel like somethings not right and something must be wrong so then you convince yourself that you were not right even though you were not wrong. Is that right?

Well onto a totally but not completely different subject...I just found out today when I was trying to find this birthday song, that my brother Ben always used to sing (and then we all started singing it), that it is actually from Garfield and Friends. Binky the clown sings it. For some reason, I remembered it being from the Simpsons... Here's the proof: (definately my favorite Birthday song by far...)

2 comments:

M said...

how lovely. she really needs to see this. and yes, i remembered it being from garfield.

Amanda said...

Rachel! what are you doing up at 1 in the morning??? I love what you've said about your Mom, she sounds great!