Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

It was another joyful, wonderful christmas day at the Lingmann household. The kids opened their gifts from Santa and then gifts from one another. Alli got Disney Princess Castle (barbie size), Drew got a Car Garage complete with 2 story ramp and elevator, Jeremy got a cute Elephant that sings and talks, Chad got a Chair Massager thing, I got some beautiful Earrings, and the whole family got a digital picture frame and a new DVD/VCR player. The present opening didn't end there though (unfortunately... the kids get sooooooo many gifts it gets a little ridiculous - Alli at the end of the day was saying "Where are more presents to open? I want more!" That's when you know the gifting has gone overboard!) We then got visits from GrandJomama and Papa Lingmann and Uncle Jon (Chad's family). We opened gifts with them. (Simon Says Sit-n-Spin, Drum & Maracas Set, and Play Laptop Computer) We then tried to put the kids down for a nap - but that didn't work so well and then it was off to my parent's home for Christmas Roast dinner with Nana Karen, Papa Walter, & Aunts Sarah, Kathryn and Em and Uncle Sam...and of course....more present opening. (The kids got a Puppet Show, Darda Demon Car Loop Set, and Train Set were some of the gifts)

Somehow, we survived and made it through the jungle of wrapping paper, tissue and boxes everywhere. (Maybe next year we will give each other hugs for Christmas!) Our favorite thing was visiting with family and experiencing our christmas traditions with them. We are so thankful for how blessed we are in this world to have our freedoms, the gospel, and a family to share it with. We are thankful for the knowledge we have of our Savior, Jesus Christ and the comfort and happiness his spirit provides us. I know that He lives and is mindful of us and our needs. May the blessings of Christmas be with you and yours throughout the coming year. Merry Christmas!

(I didn't get pictures of my family because we forgot our camera so I will post them later whenever I get them sent to me!)

No comments: