- Faces in Places - This funny blog is a collection of random images of things that look like human faces.
- Snopes - Ever wondered if that amazing story you heard was true or not? Look here for urban legends, common fallacies, old wives' tales, strange news stories or just rumors. I actually used this the other day on "Strawberry Meth" (supposed to be drugs that look and smell like strawberry poprocks, targeted to teens and kids.) It was partially true!
- Boing Boing Gadgets - A Bunch of unique writers search the web looking for anything and everything that might pique his or her curiosity and then they post it.
- Urban Dictionary - This is user-generated online slang dictionary. They have Urban Words of the Day. For example, on August 1, it was "baby bear," which is an adjective for when "things are just right." And you thought it was just a fairy-tale character!
- Digg - The premise: An online popularity contest. The contestants: Everything on the Internet. Can you Digg it? #2 on Digg now: AT&T asks CA Wildfire Victims if they remembered to pick up the satellite receiver as they fled their burning house; (Watch it.)
- The Smoking Gun - features incriminating evidence, from mug shots to court documents to the emails sent to Portia & Ellen about Iggy. (I'm surprisingly not on Ellen's side now with this new evidence brought to the table.)
PCMag also had a list of the Top 100 Undiscovered Web Sites if you are interested.
- Chad you might like OldVersion.com - a site with old versions of programs you thought worked better than the new ones...
- Emily you might like The Things I Want.com - Online Wishlist that follows you wherever you go...
- Dad and Sam you might like 1up.com - The best gaming info site there is, supposedly.
- Sarah you might like DownloadSquad.com - they have a Time Waster of the Day if you get really bored. ( I think I might put a permalink to it on my blog. They were pretty fun! They had things like this virtual Mr. Potato Head Facemaker: Monoface.com and this: 4 second Sketch where you try to draw a picture with your mouse in 4 secs. I got to level 3: the headphones...It was too hard; I gave up!)
- Ben, Steve, and Melissa might use PeerClip.com where physicians, assistants and nurses can store their favorite online resources, articles, podcasts and videos for easy access.









1 comment:
hmmm...wonder what you're trying to say about me.
Post a Comment