Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Yo, ho! Yo, ho! A Pirate's life for me!


Chad went with Alli and Drew to Home Depot on Sat morning to do the November Kids Workshop with them for the first time and they made wooden pirate ships. The kids get their own apron for keeps and they get a pin to match the completed project they did. The best part of it all is that it's FREE! The kids just loved it.
I can't believe I didn't know about this before! Home Depot has been doing this for 10 years too (cause the kids got a 10 year anniversary pin to put next to their pirate ship pin). Anyhow, here's some pictures of the fun event and I am for sure going to have Chad take the kids every month to do the free projects. It made for some fun Daddy/Daughter Father/Son time! (The pirate ship is really good quality too - made out of real wood; I was really surprised it was all free!)

4 comments:

M said...

so cute. although you remembered these events from that one apprentice episode.

btw, how many projects will it take before you start feeling the way mom did about all our clay figurines?

Heidi said...

What a great idea for kids to spend time with their parents! I can't wait until William is old enough to do that kind of stuff.

Amanda said...

Thanks for the good idea - I'll have to send Mark on that outing next time . . .

Melissa said...

Thats super cute. I love it!