Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Do they know it's Christmas time at all?

It was our ward Christmas Party a week ago. It was a blast. From year to year, our ward switches off between Family Christmas Party and just Adults Christmas Party and this year it was just for Adults and the theme was Jingle Mingle and it was a table-to-table progressive dinner.

You were supposed to wear stuff from the 80s or dorky, cheesy, old stuff. So I wore a sweet Jean jacket paired with a checked red-white country dress and added some cheesy 80s pins. Then I put on some great bright red lipstick and put my hair in pigtails. (I also found this stocking that I had cross-stitched my name on when I was like 10, so I wore that too!) Chad wore a short sleeve white shirt with a Cheesy Christmas Tie and dorky jeans.

They took a picture of us all there and at the end they did a video collage of all the funny pictures and then they gave out awards for Cheesiest, Awesome 80's, Dorkiest, and so on and so on. Oh and the tables won awards too. They were all decked out different (There was Nightmare before Christmas, Snowiest Snowman, The Christmas Story - complete with the Leg Lamp, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Movie Decor, Disco Christmas, and a few more I can't remember). It was a blast!

It also was the first time we hired an actual babysitter. I know, I know pathetic! lol Luckily we were able to put Jeremy and Drew to bed early (Drew didn't take a nap) so Whitney just had to play with Alli for a couple hours. It was very nice!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy said...

Hahaha... that's a funny picture. Where's the full size one? I wanna see Chad with those dorky jeans.

Amanda said...

Like, your outfits were totally tubular!

Melissa said...

You look just like you did in college!! Its no wonder you and Chad fell in love with one another.

Your ward sounds awesome.

Welcome to the wonderful world of babysitters!