Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Any way you say it... it means Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday, Allison! Alli turned 5 this year and I decided a while back that I would do birthday parties for all my kids when they turned 5, 8 or 9, 12, and 16. So Alli had a big princess party this year. We sent out "Royal Ball" invitations, and had all the girls dress up in their prettiest princess dress. There were so many girls Alli's age, I would have felt bad not inviting all of them, so there were 15 invited and 12 came! That was a lot of girls and I was a little bit overwhelmed at first but they were very well behaved princesses!

To start off, I read them the "Princess and the Pea" story and had them all try to find the "pea" under pillows by sitting on them. Then, they were proclaimed "Real Princesses" and got Tiaras and Wands. The next game we did was "Pin the Kiss on the Frog." I was going to put lipstick on all of them, but I wasn't sure whether or not all the moms would appreciate that so I made foam lips and a big picture of a frog prince, then blindfolded them and they stuck the lips on. It was pretty funny how far off some of them were. At the end, they all got some lip gloss to take home.


Then we went outside for a game. I had Alli find the hidden Royal Treasure Chest. Then when I opened it, all of the treasure was missing. So I told the girls that the evil Stepmother stole it and hide it and if all the princesses helped me retrieve the royal treasure then I would give them all some of the Royal Jewels as a reward. So they went on their treasure hunt - and they were super fast! Then they all got a necklace, ring, and earrings. We came back inside to do presents and cake (I made it into a Castle and it didn't turn out very well I'm afraid. I almost cried it was so bad, but Alli liked it and didn't care so oh well! Never again! lol)


Then we hurried up and went back outside to do the pinata. That took forever! Poor girls weren't even blindfolded and still missed it. I finally just had my 15 year old brother come and start beating on it. It even took him quite a few hits. Part of the problem was the plastic bat, but there was no way I was going to give little 5 year olds a real bat. Then the girls all played in this Castle I made out of refrigerator boxes, but they didn't get to play in it very long cause we ran out of time at the end and all the parents started showing up. Alli had a blast and I was just glad it was over. That wore me out! I just hope the princesses all came home happy and had a good time.

No comments: