Thursday, October 25, 2007

Do you remember...

I found this on a website and thought I would make a post out of it...

You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If...
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE" and you still get the urge to say "NOT " after every sentence. – I just said “Not” the other day, sad!
2. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair " ...and can do the "Carlton".
3. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy. – I totally did that everytime I wore my cheerleading uniform.
4. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect. – Don’t know about the spokey-dokes but I definitely had streamers
5. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls. – I still do. Alli plays with them now and she loves to watch the Strawberry Shortcake TV show.
6. "WOAH " comes from Joey on Blossom.
7. Two words: Hammer Pants.
8. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock ".
9. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales ". (Woo ooh!) – Of course! That was one of my favorite pastimes.
10. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. – All the Time!
11. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons. – Yep with my sister Emily, although she definitely was more dedicated.
12. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles " on the big screen... and still know the turtles names. – Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, and Rafael.
13. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school. – That game was awesome!
14. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side. – I actually made a couple my self and painted flowers and stripes on one.
15. You played the game "MASH ". (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House) – what else do you play when you are bored?
16. L.A. Gear... need I say more. – Yes! “You’re SUCH a BRAT!”
17. You wanted to change your name to "JEM " in Kindergarten. - She's truly outrageous.
18. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing " and all the Ramona books.
19. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF". – I'm not sure profound is the right word.
20. You ever wore fluorescent clothing and you remember Hypercolor t-shirts. – yep had a few of those.

21. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted. – I even went to a Bad concert, and I still remember him dancing!
22. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf. – All the time!
23. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man were so strong. – I guess so!
24. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets. – Spent hours making one for everyone, I still have some I never finished AND a whole box of that extra string to make some more!
25. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. – I wore out like 10 pair. Those are awesome!
26. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?" – or “I know I am but what are you!” You gotta keep people on their toes.
27. You remember "Where's the Beef?" and "I've fallen and I can't get up" - unfortunately
28. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. – Skating Birthday parties were the best!
29. You got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide or played with a Skip-It.
30. You still say "Don't worry, be happy" and "What you talkin' about Willis?"
31. "Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK "
- or “Down by the river of the hanky… yeah I won’t finish the one about bullfrogs.
32. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies. – I actually listened to them on the record player while we followed along in the books.
33. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!" and you remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales " – Sure DO!
34. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac. You thought Doogie Howser or Samantha Micelli was hot. – hmmm not really but cool shows!
35. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... they are still cool, OK!
36. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell "
37. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART. I was just singing it the other day in fact cause it was on “Office” (Dwight was playing it on the recorder, which is another thing from the 80s)
38. You remember when mullets and homemade Levi shorts were cool! – sorry, I never will EVER think mullets are cool, SIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!
39. You still sing "We are the World"
40. You tight rolled your jeans, owned a banana clip, and had big hair.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh the 80's! I think a bunch of that stuff was from the 90's too. Kids still play "Down by the shore. . ." and MASH. At least at the school I taught at. The classics never die.

Melissa said...

Rachel I know you still pretend it's the 80's according to your habits, music, games and style but let it die, Rach, LET IT DIE!