Question: Sometimes if we sit on our foot funny, it falls asleep. What causes that?
Answers: When your foot falls asleep, it's not blood but nerves. Nerves carry feeling from your body to your brain. And when you stay in one position too long, sometimes you squash your nerves and lose feeling. After you move around, and the nerves are no longer compressed, the feeling in that part of your body comes back. So don't worry when this happens. Everyone has something fall asleep once in a while. Just make sure it's not your brain while you're in school! Read more about it at How Stuff Works.
But what happens when your face falls asleep or can it? Chad told me the other day that his face fell asleep and he was serious. Be sure to place your vote in this week's poll.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Maybe Chad was having a stroke. Or maybe he is secretly practicing for his new profession: being a mime.
By the way, the most common reason that something falls asleep is lack of bloodflow.
Hey Rachel!
I just found your blog from Mel's. It's great to see that you're doing well. By the way, I just had my foot completely fall asleep to the point where I didn't know until I tried to use it and it was unusable and I completely fell on my butt. Good thing no one else saw the fall.
Post a Comment