50 Things you might not know about me...
- I’m uncomfortable around lions, tigers and bears unless they are in cages.
- My favorite book growing up was “me and kate(the pest)” by Anne M Martin
- I was the first girl in my class to wear Converse shoes in 5th grade and they were bright red.
- Some of my Cabbage Patch Dolls were named Alice, Melody Melinda, and Odetta Georgette.
- I drive fast on the way to a destination and I drive slow like a grandma on the way home.
- I hate being late and somehow I’m practically never on time.
- I wanted to be an architect when I grew up.
- I recently learned what it means to be a carpool mom.
- My family nickname was “Ragmop.” I guess cause I never brushed my hair?!?
- My older sisters and I used to play Barbies and set up houses in my bedroom. My brother Ben always wanted to play too. Unfortunately, we were always mean to his Barbie and never invited his Barbie over to parties.
- I think rainforests are the most beautiful places on earth. I hope to see one someday.
- My family grew up watching “It’s a Wonderful Life” every Holiday season. I think it is probably one of the most boring movies, and yet I still watched it each year.
- The first country song I remember liking was Shania Twain’s “Any Man of Mine”. Country’s not my favorite but it’s good every once and a while.
- The first CD I bought was Paula Abdoul “Forever Your Girl” 2nd: MC Hammer “Don’t Touch This”
- I was a Cheerleader in high school and made Varsity my Junior and Senior year. I was on a swim team for 14 years. My room was filled with first place trophies and ribbons. Speaking of trophies, while at BYU I won the 3rd place trophy in the United States Dancesport Championship doing the waltz.
- I used to do aerial cartwheels in my room all the time. No chance ever being able to do that again. Ever.
- I get really sick thinking about eating at La Beau’s, a hamburger place at Bear Lake. (I won’t tell you why cause I will make you sick.)
- My husband Chad is the smartest person I know. He has so many interesting ideas too. He should write a book.
- I took Ceramics 3 times in high school and 10 years later I finally glazed all my fired pottery that had been collecting dust on my mom’s kitchen shelf.
- Growing up, I loved embarrassing my older sisters (which isn’t hard to do). For example, while we were walking down busy streets, I would yell, “These beautiful girls are available for dates. You can call them at 555-5555.”
- I do not like olives. Gross. Also, Chad thinks that it’s odd that I love Zucchini and Pickles but don’t like Cucumbers. I hate cherries but cherry-flavored things are ok.
- I took piano lessons for 13 years, but I don’t enjoy playing the piano in public.
- I am secretly embarrassed by my email address.
- I had an upper-ear piercing for a few hours that I got with my 3 friends, but I took it out cause it looked stupid on me.
- I am easily intimidated by new groups of people.
- I drove a grey Toyota Camry in high school that had a extra power button you could push and it would accelerate extremely fast. That button talked me out of a speeding ticket believe it or not.
- If people don’t remember my name, they call me Rebecca every time.
- Tulips are my favorite flower.
- I am very thorough in planning things out. In fact, Chad attributes my planning skills to be the reason why he passed a class we took together. (It was the last semester of college. It was a good thing we did pass; otherwise, we would not have graduated.)
- My first job was waitressing at a place called Winstead’s and I was the worst waitress you would ever have. Someone ordered “apple pie a la mode” and I went back to the kitchen and asked them to put some “a la mode” sauce on this apple pie. Then I found out the news that “a la mode” means ice cream on top. My family still laughs about that one. Sorry to say, those weren’t the end of my waitressing mishaps.
- It both snowed and rained on my wedding day. They say that it’s good luck!
- I’ve have been stung by a bee and it didn’t hurt but for some reason I’m terrified of it happening again.
- I helped 3 of my friends dye their hair red in high school. That was pretty fun to have friends with hair like mine.
- If I waited 2 more minutes at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, I could have seen Justin Timberlake.
- I can type really fast and I text message really slow.
- My favorite thing to eat for dinner is Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, but I love Mexican food and could eat it everyday.
- Chad was my 8th boyfriend. My first real boyfriend was junior year in high school.
- The first time I traveled outside of the country was when I went to Niagara Falls, Canada in 2001.
- The first car I bought was a White Acura Integra that I totalled before I even had plates on it. Then I bought another Acura Integra except it was black. His name was Kitt from Knight Rider cause I could start the engine by the push of a button. Also, he would tell me where he was parked by honking if I asked him. I had Kitt for 8 years before I sold it to a teenage girl and could appreciate all his talents.
- The first concert I went to without my parents was R.E.M’s Monster Tour, junior year of high school.
- I played Disney’s “Ariel” in a church youth play and had to sing, but I got stage fright and was really quiet; Practically no one could hear me. Probably the one and only time I am ever “quiet”.
- I have a reputation for doing a really scary gorilla imitation and I am asked to perform this fairly often in family gatherings.
- I can take a shower and get dressed in 5 minutes flat. No Kidding.
- I love Candy Corns, especially in the fall.
- I was the worst story-teller in my 4th grade class. (I said “um” about 100 times during just one story. It was all recorded. I guess I was nervous. I like to think that I have improved on my story-telling skills.
- I hate working in groups when I’m in charge. (Although I do try to be the leader when I’m not – that’s weird, I know.)
- Growing up my favorite movies were “Clueless", "Ferris Beuller's Day Off", and "Princess Bride."
- I was one of the class clowns in 7th grade. I made a big sign in my social studies class that said, “Help! Save me from Mr. Crews!”(my teacher) and held it up for all to see. I had to bring a note home to my parents that day. That wasn’t fun.
- I’m the shortest of the girls in my family at 5’6½”.
- I hate horror movies and scary movies but I love watching them with my husband Chad.









2 comments:
sarah wants me to remind you that you have been to a rainforest...the Rainforest Cafe.
Loved the insight! I feel like I know you better - and I'm glad I could help you with #8!
Post a Comment